Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Regan + Ricky . Columbus Ohio wedding photographer



My baby brother is MARRIED!!!!! Ahhhh.  I couldn't be happier for this already over-the-moon happy couple.  The excitement and joy they have for each other radiated through the atmosphere on their wedding day.  They did almost nothing in a traditional way which perfectly fit in line with their personalities.  They exchanged ring pops during the ceremony, climbed a mountain to have communion, and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in lieu of the unity candle.  Ricky sang his vows to Regan and Regan read her vows to Ricky in the form of a poem.  I took the photos of course, along with my awesome helper Red (aka Isaac).  I also sang during the ceremony with my mother, sister Joy, aunt Sheila, and Pastor James, the officiant.  I also climbed that mountain with my gear and then served as the witness for their wedding documents.  Oh, and I was a bridesmaid.  hahaha  It wasn't just me multitasking, though.  My parents threw an awesome rehearsal dinner.  Joy helped with the decorations and was a bridesmaid and her boyfriend, Ben, was the DJ and took the pictures while I was singing.  Ricky and Regan paid for almost everything themselves and did a great job pulling everything together.  It really made me appreciate all of my clients on a whole new level.  Each wedding I photograph is not just another work day.  I knew that, of course, but it was a gentle reminder.  It's an emotional, beautiful milestone in people's lives that is the culmination of months and months of preparation.  It also made me appreciate my awesome family.  I'm going to shut up now and show the pictures, because I know that's what everyone is here for, but first - Regan, you are beautiful and sweet and I'm so happy Ricky picked you.  Welcome to the family.  Be good to my brother and I will love you like a sister!











































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Ricky you clean up really nice and Regan you look stunningly beautiful in that dress. Many blessings on your new life together. The Scharnhorst Family

brooke said...

so.much.joy! these made me teary. congrats to your brother and so special for your entire family. xo

Post a Comment